There are many ways you can share your time and talent to make a positive impact on our students. Thomas A. Edison is always looking for volunteers willing to:
- Be a tutor
- Be a teacher's aide
- Be a guest speaker
- Provide job-shadowing sites
- Provide service learning opportunities
- Provide work-based learning opportunities that can be connected back to the classroom (e.g. internships, longer-term career exploration activities)
- Provide unpaid, short-term work experience sites
- Participate in mock interviews
- Read resumes and provide tips and feedback
- Provide connections to positive role models with learning differences (friends, family, employees or work associates)
For more information on how you can get involved, contact Martha Callahan at (503) 297-2336.
Located in Portland, Oregon, Thomas A. Edison is a private high school dedicated to meeting the special education needs of Learning Disabled (LD) teens. Our students’ learning differences include Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Visual Perception and Nonverbal Learning Disorders.